Sunday, September 29, 2013

Poetry from 2010 (Part 1)


29/09/13


Here are eleven poems I wrote from January - June 2010 (out of sixty-six). The themes range from war, anger, love, lust and sex to time, gender, existentialism, self-exploration and isolation. 


Angel

I believe in an angel
With ribboning wings
She takes flight into skies
Lit by cheating combat

A saunterer is she
Perched on milky cliffs
Head raised, eyes ajar
Unfurling her precious skin

Her smooth, pastured blood
Corrodes the order of peace
Summoning the contemporaries
Thaws them fit for war

Birds revive her by dawn
Filtering her corpses
Collating in quiet haze
To breathe (millions alike) in


Cave

Glassy river uniting currents,
suspend a quaint translucence.
Flow, you crystalline explorer;
explore my stalactite skin.

My blessed shelter, a rough veneer
demanding limbs inside my core.
Dwell into my middle chamber,
pacify my stemming heart.

Enter the moss-hungry cavern,
faint backward into soft chasms.
Breaking from anxious vines,
I eclipse you from perilous mouth.

My darkness inhibits famine,
provides our place of synthesis.


Cupid

Sitting alone on a rocking chair
until the sun goes down.
Shadows turn to melted
pink arrows on the ground.

I was pierced years before
it became just another day.
My stillness in recent times
caused my love-idle ways.

Walking alone on a hill
holding arrays of flowers.
None could be as red as
the pain of love’s last hours.

I pick every open petal;
one for Grace, one for Belle.
Some fall down like Jade and Hope
but the rest take flight for Val.

Thinking of times gone by
of aphros and burning hearts.
Never did I question
an ending to my own art.

I finish my last search
of any possible love.
Turned to stone like Val,
she knows I did enough.


Infection

Aching teeth yearn melted sweets,
to wrap around those hollow sheets.
Finding pain from the simple joy,
to weave the blood of a broken boy.

The needless drive quivers through me
as I levitate into needles.
The needless drive impales my mind
as I release into nothing.

Aging eyes beg younger hearts,
to shatter the exquisite art.
Earning pride from the winning feat,
to wrap around those hollow sheets.

Thicker skin requires careful caress,
to respond in turn with sultry mess.
Prying open the eyes of lead,
to deny access to those misled.

The needless drive staggers before me,
as I suffer its breath.
The needless drive traipses though me,
as I suffer rebirth.


Let Me Be

In every crevice
Under every leaf
I’ve wondered

In every shadow
Under the water
I’ve suffered

Love might bring a chance
To let live
Let me be

For now, I know
Life opens or closes
Stays the same

Inside my skin
Within the bone
You’ve explored

Atop my chest
In my melting heart
You’ve burned

Forming droplets
Breaking deadlocks
Let me be


My Seductress

My Black Seductress;
sleek in tune,
smoother in tone,
my fingers trace your inspired, leveled skin,
like layers of the last moonlight.

Delicate timbre resonance
reflects my inmost stark.
Though completed by your harmony,
my spirits cannot sustain
a fulfillment in perpetuity, alone.

Your past mistreatments ensure
a soft, intimate caress,
my cautioned method.
As others play inexpertly;
I dare not exploit you.

A fingertip gently lingers,
as my back bends in error,
ignorance thick as a storm
oppresses my urges,
while its rain cannot cleanse me,
nor heal my inexperienced hands.

My Black Seductress;
my undeserving fingers tease
as simply hushed allurements.
We both will have to go without,
vainly capturing the first sunlight.


Pierre

Pierre paints himself a home,
weaseled into his own world.
Equipped with fresh arrogance,
his new degree of sex unfurls.

Pierre attracts with eyes closed,
whispers and pleads to start.
Perpetual alluring breaths
emphasize his useless heart.

That proud step of Pierre's
conceals his lacking life.
Coated with cold hard sex,
that is only how he thrives.

But, Pierre is not skin deep,
his iced eyes beg us all.
And his formidable silence
acts as an iron wall.

He is no longer a secret,
his life is known by man.
So my shadow reaches out
to hold onto Pierre's hand.

He starts to smile again,
to the world now wasted.
Pierre consumes a life,
a reflection he replaces.

***

They’ve crept out together;
Pierre and the boy.
Hid swiftly behind thirsty stares,
the remains of a figure, coy.


Snowball (Angel 2.0)

We retell a myth
With our open hands
Carving in the air
Invitations spared
The luster lacks glimmer
Horizons grow thinner
Still, I assume attack

Crust snaps from the heart
Avalanche commences
Collecting all our love
Snowball commences
Collecting all our love

You lived in hesitance
Eyes were unopened
Visions undeveloped
The rawest spirit
Collect my only love
Spared for broken hands

Collect all our love
Propelling angel

Lay us down to rest
With our opened hands
Entwined in ageless air
Snowball blankets us


Solomon

I nail the coffin shut,
Entomb you in the soil.
Choking is the grit,
All the dirt you’ve spoilt.

I hold the tightened noose,
A body dangles under.
Nightmares chase you deep
Into dreamless slumber

Solomon
How could you be anything?
I wouldn’t reach for your hand
If I were held underwater
That’s where we stand
Solomon


The Sea

When I’m craving attention,
there’s a house to be cleaned.
I am never mentioned
as her tide floods the stream.

If I tried to run away,
she’d net me by the shore,
ensnare me in her notions,
vindicate her frightful flaws.

Before she broke the waves,
I thought of living free.
If we’d never shared blood,
my life would have been.

While I speak achievements,
her baby traps first place.
But if I killed the serpent,
it would mean such disgrace.

Her death would be certain
without the art of swim.
I remain caught in the net,
tangled by local Grim.


Winter

Whisked into a winter brisk
Sewn into journeys alone
Seen to by perfection’s gleam
Exploded into rain’s embrace
A trickling remedy
For sadness and isolation
Heart’s breath on my neck
Awakens the sky, fleck by fleck
Cloud by cloud, star by star
Cascading in sheer brilliance
For my greedy heart
Such a reckoned start
Pin me to a pillow
I will steep in love so brisk
Everyday, in winter’s risk

No comments:

Post a Comment