Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today, I completed my first music album.

11/09/13

Today, I completed my first music album. It is called Burdens and while this is a rough demo, it feels good to have completed it. The front and back cover are attached below; the front cover is also my first self-portrait. The album has seventeen tracks and is 51 minutes and 20 seconds in length.

The album contains electronic, instrumental songs which express my obsession with love, anxiety and nostalgia. Additionally, the soundscapes fluctuate from deep sorrow to elation, comprising the physical and mental burdens of my mind. The majority of the music on the album was made in response to some traumatic events in my life and they serve as a coping mechanism for me.

It was one of my goals to create this album and I am happy with myself. The album is far from polished or perfect, but it is a start; a demo. When I am settled back in Australia, I will make limited physical copies and probably distribute them freely.

Music continues to show its importance in my life, while my desire to create, play and listen to music is always very strong. I am sure I will make many albums in the future.

To listen to some of my music (perhaps some songs from the album) go to https://soundcloud.com/sffewkes



No comments:

Post a Comment