Thursday, October 3, 2013

Poetry from 2011 (Part 1)


03/10/13

Here is some poetry I wrote from January – June 2011. The themes here range from religion, regret, control to maturing and self-acceptance.


It’s Up To You

Every night at sunset
I fall onto my knees
Ask for love from the heavens
With eyes that cannot see

But if I look directly
Into the saintly light
It cleanses and it touches
Once blackened now is white

And God, looking down blankly
Remembering my sins
Reaches out to touch me
With no beauty left within

His hands caress my body
Instill a little faith
Says I’ll be forgiven
If I give to him my grave

He believes I will surrender
And hand over my life
But joy and love move further
From that day when I will die

Praying for the future
My powerlessness grows
He flashed scenes of repetition
A life I’ve always known

One cannot change the pathways
His intricate designs
They intend to teach lessons
So, where the Hell are mine?


Never To Wake

I don’t listen to the racket
All the noises try to penetrate

I fight it off

My hands are tied
I’m occupied
By blissful ignorance
I’m never to wake

I don’t pay attention to the words
Every conversation is unnecessary

I ignore them

Life is peaceful
When in slumber
I’m voluntarily deaf
Never to wake
Never


Older

She embraces her grey
where other eccentricities once thrived.
Possesses a middle-aged timbre,
yet her refrains are unaffected.

Flashes of youth and nonchalance
can be found amidst the grey,
inside the deepest of wrinkles,
within her slowing pace and
the clicking of her walking cane.

The love flies all about her,
as seasons collapse into one another.
What perfect order she’s found,
now that age has killed anxiety.


Pierre’s Reprise

His door is always open, red as a woman’s blush
With his number rusted over, if spoken it is hushed

All the men in the world could never tame his soul
In the winter he is looking, come summer, he is gone

Pleasures found in the act of loving for a price
Will taint his opportunities, to be of health in life

Men pass by like minutes, the calm brews him a storm
He turns to each direction, expecting love and warmth

Others see the fine line outside the area of grey
Between hearts that never stop and souls that fade away


The Arm

The arm curls at its joint
The wrist tucks under
And picks you up
It extends and stretches
You’re upside down

Forming an arch when relaxed
The arm rests itself
Fuel has been exhausted
And heat has been expelled
It purrs until nighttime

Stowed into the soil
Unraveling the ground,
every layer of stale caramel
and dirty, dusty chocolate,
turns it over in the morning,
curling, tucking, stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment