Thursday, October 3, 2013

Poetry from 2011 (Part 2)


Here is some poetry I wrote from July – December 2011. The themes here range from unrequited love, death, sex and homosexuality to stereotypes, societal expectations, gender roles and self-hatred.


Death

That Azrael grim
lured me to bed.
I spread my body
and I was severed.

The bloody petals
of my rose, my core,
were cut wide open,
all his to bore.

His touch stopped my blood
He let me sleep
And I would have forever
By that Azrael grim

That Azrael grim
promised the empyrean.
Instead I can’t wake
from this Stygian sin.


Left Eye

My heart-strings are worn
By my left eye
No voice to carry them
No such glimpse tonight
My left eye carries love
Down my riverine bend
It swims in the deep
Such depth I’ll never know



There was one glimpse
But it has departed
My love retracted
As the sun sank down


New Breed

A new breed is among us
Born with cold in their eyes
Built with firm, cream flesh
A new breed to peel it off

A new way to be alive!
All the heartbeats subside
Sex is just the answer
But love is never asked

With pretentious veneers
Inside, yolk runs clear
I run from the new breed
I have to weed them out

Their bitter claws
Hacking into me
That generation
Dwelling into cold

I forgive them
Statuesque bodies
Grotesque beings
I forgive them

I take salvage on my pedestal
I‘ll spend my time bettering myself


Perdition

My life, a lump of clay,
I’m made to be constrained
I can only wait for night
To dream some colour
To dream autonomy
Unbound, unrestricted

One day, fate will advance
I carry death’s notice
It is pinned to my forehead
My birthright is a curse
To wrench me into darkness
To force me into perdition
Eternal damnation

My poisonous blood
It pumps the lust
Homogenous
In the human race

My defective heart
It screams for love
Homosexuals
For millennia


Period

The scarlet moon's tears
are pulled by the tide,
to drip down her cheek
and turn into the sky.

When the dark swallows up
the bright crimson pearl
the dawn breaks an egg,
turned gold is the world.

And I can’t look away
from the humble allures.
A great vibrant canvas,
broken landscape’s cure.

The scarlet moon's tears
don’t fall from her eyes.
They drip down her cheeks,
as we watch on the sly.

When the dark swallows up
the bright crimson gore,
the dawn breaks an egg,
turned out are her pores.

And I can’t look away,
from her body impure.
A dark, vibrant canvas;
a broken landscape’s lure.


The Ocean

She was a writer,
her ink was the ocean.
Words were like waves,
grammar was high-tide.

And her hand was the rip,
ebbing from the truth.
Her hand was the rip
ebbing from the truth.

She was a writer,
her wrist became cold.
White bitter as salt,
she drowned in the deep.

But her hand was the rip,
ebbing from the truth.
She got caught in the rip,
as it ebbed into truth.


A life sentence, that sea of hers.
Life sentence, that sea of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment