Friday, October 4, 2013

Poetry from 2012 (Part 1)


04/10/13

Here are eight poems I wrote from January - June 2012. The themes here range from sexuality, desire and self-evaluation to homosexuality in society, individuality, hopelessness and desperation.


Blood

I pull the Devil
Out of the mouth
Into my lover
His vessels pound

The sin of love
Keeps judgment at bay
I seek out the flesh
Leave love astray

Blood
Blood
Enter my body 

With blood

You open your mouth
A sinking stone
Devour me
Tear meat from bone

The only way inside
A path of blood
Your skin and muscle

Wring out my love

Blood
Blood
Enter my body 

With blood


Cog-Work

Down in the cog-work of my mind,
where static nerves cannot unwind,
every part is in its place
of anti-movement, anti-pace.

When I start to move around,
immobilities unbound.
Common joints all follow suit,
although my mind is stuck en route.

I climb up; up to the thought tread,
I ascend myself to my deathbed.

If I could summon any pain,
I would ignite my every flame.
Though I’d only smoulder out,
I’d try to wet my lips again...

Allow my body to unclog,
as I unwind my every cog.
Allow my body to unclog,
as I unwind my every cog.


Full Moon

I get hungry ‘round the full moon
His faded face in my high noon
All the grey becomes vivid
On the surface of my skin
My virgin eyes turn livid
And each moment turns to sin

It would bring me joy
If I could get up there
Push him headfirst into the mattress
Move him forward into the darkness
Into the world of open mouth
Into the world of the full moon

My life quivers ‘round the full moon
Sleep is destined to strike him soon

Electricity in my skin
Let me sink my teeth in

I’ll dig my way to china
Bring my mouth to the center
I’ll flood him and the body
Silver moonlight when I enter

I get hungry ‘round the full moon
I get hungry ‘round the full moon


Gay Life

If I love you through my eyes,
to me, what’ll be given?
When I ask you to answer,
will my heart really listen?


I’m sick and tired of going
where the flesh is all showy.
The night brings the dead eyes;
the dead stars in the skylines.


I keep cyan in left pocket;
dark blue alongside it.
I’ve got to live upright
if I want to fit in right.

I got contemporary code.
Sometimes, I’m raring to go.
But, the years approach me,
and I write home alone.

If an arrow struck my skin,
would poison soak in deep?

Those queer scenes surrounding;
can I just fall asleep?

If I loved you through my eyes,
would you look at them flicker?
Thousands of lovers,
each one getting sicker.


Gift From God

It is a gift from God
To love a man
It is a gift from God
To live by hand



It is my gift to man
To love them raw
The heart I was given
Always gives more

The verses deny me
The fathers despise me
I live here to love
One heart is enough



The Biblical anchor
Drops to my core

It oppresses love
And closes the door


My gift from God
I now understand
The perverse love
Of man and man


The Habit

His hands haven’t touched,
though he knows the sin.
The price of his love

and all filth therein.

When the weather turns,
the black comes undone.
He begs for the ending;
for thunder to come.

The folds of the earth
open to his brim.
Conducting strings,
the symphony in him.

Lightning storm,
bring him warmth.
Bring him to life.

The soil still lingers,

on the tips of his fingers.
His bow plucks the threads,

every hair on his head
standing erect.

Lightning storm,
bringing warmth,
bringing life.

Lightning storm,
burning earth,
burn him alive.


Lightning storm,
burning earth,
burn him to life.


Transience Persists

I have an eye for gazing
when the distance is true.
When open, it will watch you.
It, forever, will see.

I have a hand for stroking
when desire has dropped anchor.
When open, it may soothe you.
It will release your strain.

I have a mouth for loving
when lust has conquered me.
When open, it can love you.
It will swallow you whole.

I have a mouth for speaking
when the mind requires proof.
When open, it can say all
It will say all you need.

I have a hand for holding
when passion has burned out.
When open, it may hold you.
It will synchronize us.

I have an eye for crying
when transience persists.
When open, it will course.
It cries until love.


Two Boys

To the two boys in the field;
rest your hands inches apart,
let love loosen your muscles
and fight away your nerves.

Now, grip each other closely.
reach out and feel the flesh.
Societal pressures...
Let them slip into the earth.

Turn your back to the breed.
Your love is rarer still.
To hold each other closely
is to live unguardedly.

And that is a rare beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment